If you are a presenter please see instructions for presenters page.
If you have a question, but don’t know where to ask you can:
- use the
#ask-the-organizerschannel on Discord, or
- speak to a member of the organizing commitee
- A wifi connection will be provided by the hotel for all SPLASH participants.
- Please contact the registration desk for the connection credentials.
- Your badges will indicate your dietary restrictions and preferences.
- Please contact the registration desk in case of any issues.
- Wednesday 25th: Reception
- Wednesday 25th: Job Market Breakfast
- Wednesday 25th: LGBTQ lunch
- Thursday 26th: Junior Faculty Breakfast
- Thursday 26th: URM (Under-represented minorities) lunch
- Thursday 26th: Women@SPLASH dinner
- Friday 26th: SIGPLAN-M lunch
- Each room has dedicated microphones to ask questions. Microphones serve 2 purposes – it ensures:
- we record your question clearly; and
- people watching on the internet can hear your question.
- Microphone Etiquette
- Please make sure you speak into the microphone.
- What’s a good indicator that you are close enough? If you can see the microphone head while speaking into it, you are too far from it.
- If you are standing too close, we will run a risk of having an audio feedback loop (annoying high pitched sound through the speakers).
- If you have trouble handling the microphones, please ask the in-room volunteers for assistance.
There are two official ways to watch the talks online:
- Discord (invite link) has a dedicated channel for each event under the “Q&A” category
- Please ask your questions in the dedicated pre-created post associated to the name of the paper
- This will make sure the authors and session chairs see it and can answer your question even after the talk.
- Only text questions are accepted from virtual audience, there is no capability for voice questions